Technical Project Manager
Who we are
We are an automation and machine learning consultancy operating from London and New York. We work with scale-ups and large corporations to launch solutions by validating problems, speccing ideas and building great products.
Our work is industry agnostic and we’re not limited to any particular digital approach. In fact, we pride ourselves in our ability to stay on top of the latest advancements in technology in order to solve an ever-increasing range of challenges.
We are partnered with Google AI and recently graduated from Facebook’s Deep Tech Accelerator.
Who we are looking for
Curvestone is looking for an experienced, collaborative, project manager to lead and execute technical projects across a variety of industries in areas of Intelligent Automation, Machine Learning, and new venture building.
You will be an integral part of our cross-functional Agile product team, working closely alongside the founders, partner engineers, developers, designers and AI researchers to help define and build solutions for our clients.
What it’s like to work with us
At Curvestone, we do things a bit differently. There’s no old-fashioned hierarchy, no hiding behind fancy job titles, no micromanagement and no moaning! Instead we work in autonomous cross-functional “pizza-teams” made up of consultants, designers, engineers, and domain experts. We join together and make ideas come to life, embracing Agile Sprint methodology.
Our project managers come from a diverse range of backgrounds, with expertise spanning Machine Learning, Software Engineering, Product Management, Innovation Consulting, Automation, Data Analytics, Solution Architecture and Venture Building.
What you’ll do
- Manage the discovery, specification, development and launch of products and product features in collaboration with our Head of Tech and the project team. These could include web apps and platforms, mobile apps, bots and tools.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects and/or projects with multiple work streams that require cross-functional stakeholder engagements.
- Manage project commercials and legals.
- Manage project resourcing, to ensure that projects have the right combination of skills and capabilities.
- Liaise with the technical team to create technical strategy for both client and internal solutions.
- Create, in collaboration with our solution architects, detailed development specifications, including breaking down sprints and creating the product roadmap.
- Gain in-depth understanding of and empathy for client processes and problems, and prioritise between them.
- Gather and help the client to think through problems and opportunities in order to surface future projects to be scheduled into Curvestone’s pipeline.
- Work hands-on with designers, engineers and the QA team to build and implement new features that meet our standards of simplicity and quality.
- Remove blockers for developers where necessary by asking clients questions and confirming any necessary details promptly.
- Confidently communicate with senior stakeholders throughout the project, updating the customer on project progress, issues and key risks.
- Communicate project launch details directly to clients and simplify/translate terminology where necessary to help our clients understand complex solutions.
What you’ll need
- 3+ years of experience in project management, ideally spent working in a technology driven company.
- Experience of building strong and lasting relationships internally and with clients.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both spoken and written.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a talented, multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
+ Bonus Points
- Experience with Agile Teams, using tool sets such as Jira, team collaboration tools such as Notion.
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces, and the ability to create examples through wireframes and mock-ups using Balsamiq or Google Slides.
- There is no expectation for you to be able to code. However, we do find that knowing the very basics of coding can help with general team empathy. Therefore if you are interested, we will be more than happy to help you learn basic coding!
- Willingness to learn the basics of machine learning and automation.
- Have a broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product (MVP).
- Passionate about technology, product, user experience and building high quality solutions.
- An understanding that our work reaches beyond tech. You have the ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team of consultants, designers and engineers.
- You get excited about solving head-scratching, life-affirming problems and a thrill out of change.
- You put the user at the heart of everything you do, and that empathy drives every decision you make.
Tools Used At Curvestone
- Slack: Internal and external communication on projects
- Project Management: Notion, Jira, GSuite
- Design: Figma, Adobe XD, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Balsamiq
At Curvestone we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients and our services. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable adjustments due to a disability during the application or interview process please let us know and we will be pleased to assist.